The Tornado LD for Meat is a horizontal flowrapping machine that produces up to 100 packs/min with hermetic seals from a flat reel of heat seal wrapping material. The Tornado LD is specifically designed for “M.A.P.” (Modified Atmosphere Packaging).
Food products that require high speed hermetic packaging, even in MAP (Modified Athmosphere Packaging): cheese, bread, pasta, sausages, meat and more.
- Hermetic sealing at high wrapping speeds: thanks to PFM’s patented Long Dwell sealing head with oil bath transmission. The Tornado easily achieves wrapping speeds of 100 packs per minute.
- Easy cleaning: constructed from anticorodal aluminium and AISI 304 with large radius corners, all product contact parts can be sanitised and are made of FDA approved materials.
- Cantilevered construction: the mechanical and electronic components are housed at the back of the wrapping machine in a separate, protected environment. The front of the machine is clear and can easily be cleaned. Product debris does not come into contact with any mechanical or electrical parts.
The machine is manufactured with the following standard features:
- A 2.5 metre infeed conveyor with adjustable approach rollers.
- An adjustable forming box to easily accommodate changes in pack dimensions.
- Double self-centring reel holder complete with brakes (BA version).
- Photocell for printed and registered wrapping material (Servo and Electronic versions).
- Crimper dwell timing in oil bath.
- Motorised height adjustment of crimpers.
- BA version with reel feed from above (Conventional).
- BB with reel feed from below (Inverted).
- Electronic version.
- Servo version.
- Polyethylene version.
- LVA version: automatic pack length adjustment depending on product length.
Sign up Now to access the tech area